You are not connected. Please login or register

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PS4

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PS4 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:33 am

Birdman

This came out recently and I just started a new file. Going with a Sorcerer main and Strider pawn.

On PS3 I had a Ranger main and Fighter pawn. Wanted to try out a magic user as they still use range and kiting.

My Strider pawn will serve the same purpose as the Fighter which is to draw enemy aggro while I cast spells.

If you care about Japanese audio, go to Playasia and buy the Asia version. The western versions dont have them for some reason. The Asia release is fully in English.

View user profile

2 Re: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PS4 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:33 am

I got this in 2014 I think, I played as a strider and a warrior for a bit but I lost interest as i got confused where I was supposed to go with the big open map that was blank until discovered and I kept getting killed by a chimera in the woods or something else. I beat a goblin stronghold or something I don't think i was too far in. Cool game, I like the classes since they each have their own uses and move sets, the climbing on large monsters is really cool and epic.

View user profile

3 Re: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PS4 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:05 am

Birdman

Eh? It makes no effort to hide where you're supposed to go. Exploring can get you killed, though for me I can still deal with whatever at a low level. Getting jumped by a chimera was one of the first things that happened to me in this game and one of the highlights.

I love this game so much. The world is open but not too gigantic. The classes offer tons of replay value. You will get quite strong eventually especially if you build you character certain ways, but I never do this. I prefer to use the same class and not change for different stat boosts.

For example, when I played a Ranger, they get the most stamina per level. So by Lv200 I had a lot, but very low defense. In Bitterblack Isle a lot of things could kill me instantly or close to it. I would play by sniping, and having my Fighter pawn draw enemies while I picked them off. I would always be looking for higher positions and moving around.

The issue was neither of us had magic attack so spirit enemies couldn't be harmed by us, but that was solved by using magical items, or hiring a Sorcerer pawn from a friend.

Playing as a Sorcerer is similar, only they have no dodge roll with insane i-frames like the Ranger. You can cancel casting of basic magic shots by jumping which is super useful, and from jump you can levitate which lets you float around a bit. Positioning is super important.

I believe in preserving the class and dealing with their weaknesses. It just isn't very interesting for me, to switch vocations and gain stats that negate the weaknesses.

View user profile

4 Re: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PS4 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:24 am

Getting lost was totally on me, it was me getting lost and other things also. Could you explain the world traversal? I recall in arisen version they added fast travel items, or more of them, I set one once.

View user profile

5 Re: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PS4 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:33 pm

Birdman

At first you can only travel by foot. Once you reach the capital you learn about ferrystones. These can warp you to port crystal. There are a some already set up permanently, but you can get more and set them wherever you want on the map (though not indoors). Also, there's a limited amount you can set at a time, like 5 I think.

Dark Arisen has the eternal ferrystone, which as the name suggests, never runs out. Regular ones were one use only. Originally, on PS3, you could only get this item if you started DA with a save from DD, but in the PS4 version it's included.

The places you need to go are marked on the map or you're told the direction.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum