You are not connected. Please login or register

Game/s you always go back to.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Game/s you always go back to. on Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:51 am

Birdman

For me it's Chaos Legion.

I remember back when I first bought it. We were poorer back then and buying a new game was a big deal, like once a year. I remember CL, Onimusha, and DMC1 were all I had for a few years. I played CL almost daily for 2 years continuously, then on and off ever since. I was even playing it earlier this year extensively. Back then, we had no choice but to burn our games to the max, creating challenges and developing new strats for years.

Now I've got tons of games but even when I have a huge list of stuff I've never finished, I always find myself popping in CL and getting stuck in that for a while. Once I get the equipment I've got a huge list of videos I want to do for it. I want to put all the knowledge I've accumulated over the years into multiple videos series.

I have the PAL version, but also bought the JP version with its numerous differences.

Runner ups would be, Haunting Ground, Onimusha (Genma), Fatal Frame 1, DMC3, and Okami. Could write encyclopedias on each one.

View user profile

2 Re: Game/s you always go back to. on Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:31 am

I play certain games every year at least once, like re4, dmc1-3, god hand, vanquish and a few others I can't recall right now. It's so second nature I'll have to look through my catalogue.

View user profile

3 Re: Game/s you always go back to. on Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:29 am

Birdman

RE4 is another good one.

I believe if you took every game away from me and left with CL I'd be fine. Throw in Okami as well and I'm set for life lol.

View user profile

4 Re: Game/s you always go back to. on Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:19 am

I don't have a favourite so I can't say just one as I'd get bored eventually and need some time before returning and appreciating it all over again, hence why i may play a game I love once a year.

This year I played dmc1 three times, once on normal then hard and another on normal with sparda. I did this as I've not played dmc1 since I bought the HD collection. I've put most of the time into dmc3 since then, like maybe 50+ hrs for sure, still a scrub though I have to learn to parry all over again since I played turbo earlier this year, timing on inputs is much tighter.

Oh and I was playing re4 this evening haha.

View user profile

5 Re: Game/s you always go back to. on Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:29 am

Birdman

I'll also add Transformer Armada for PS2.

I love to replay stages with different mini-con setups. You cant just equip any combination you want though. They're divided into classes; blasters, heavy weapons (launchers, bombs), support and passive

So passive would be armor enhancing ones and support is stuff like shields and melee boosters.

This system is to stop you from equipping 4 of the most power weapons or shields.

When you return to a stage, there are new and tougher enemies and placements. The boss does not return.

It's great for testing new combinations and see how they perform against various enemies and numbers.

Sometimes I like to equip the sniper rifle and range enhancer, with the goal of hunting down every enemy in a stage. The sniper has the ability to shoot 'weak points' doing huge damage though some enemies don't have them.

Or maybe try stealth a whole stage with the invisibility MC. It doesnt last too long so and cancels if you shoot or transform.

There's still many combinations of attack MCs I need to try too.

View user profile

6 Re: Game/s you always go back to. on Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:44 pm

I'd add F.E.A.R and MGS3 also.

View user profile

7 Re: Game/s you always go back to. on Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:36 am

I generally have a small selection of games that get replayed once every few years just because I like them so much or because they bring back childhood memories. The titles generally are:

• Tales of Symphonia
  • Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean
  • Beyond Good and Evil
  • Vanquish
  • World of Warcraft
  • Diablo 1
  • Swat 4
  • Splinter Cell 1/ Chaos Theory/ Double Agent
  • Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
  • Resident Evil 4 (I rarely finish the run though)
  • Evil Within 2 (pretty sure this will be a thing)
  • Ninja Gaiden 2004
  • Super Mario World
  • Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge
  • Batman: Arkham Origins (my favorite)
  • Painkiller Black
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution

It is weird though, typing this list I noticed that there are barely any action titles on there haha.

View user profile http://forum.stingermagazine.com

8 Re: Game/s you always go back to. on Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:43 am

It's a WORK, ROYS A PHONEY!!!

View user profile

9 Re: Game/s you always go back to. on Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:49 am

Birdman

Haha yeah surprising list from you Roy. Damn fraud.

View user profile

10 Re: Game/s you always go back to. on Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:32 am

Probably because I burn out of most action games, like I play them so much in a row I just get sick of them. I love MGR:R but I just cannot stomach playing it some times haha.

11 Re: Game/s you always go back to. on Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:54 pm

Jareson

D-Rank
Right now it's mostly "Dead Cells" and "Heart and Slash". Fun little indie roguelike games with incredibly good combat.

View user profile

12 Re: Game/s you always go back to. on Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:15 am

I never got into Roguelikes a lot, outside of Isaac for a while and FTL (must play for any trekkie haha). But they are fun and easy to revisit that's for sure.

13 Re: Game/s you always go back to. on Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:32 am

Jareson

D-Rank
I normally hate roguelike because the concept of losing everything when I did always frustrated me, but Dead Cells and Heart&Slash do it right in so many ways, and I've come to love the roguelike concept because it can result in a quick 30-45 minute session of high intensity and fun. Dead Cells has a massive metroidvania vibe to is, and Heart&Slash is basically DmC combat in a randomly generated world that fits incredibly well

View user profile

14 Re: Game/s you always go back to. on Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:07 am

Some games I feel I owe it to them and me to play more than I do, or at all. I've not touched Vietiful Joe since I was a lad, and I never beat it, still have my PS2 copy(featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series, which sold me instantly). PNO3 I've yet to play.

I love Gungrave Overdose, I should play that soon, its pretty much Dantes gunslinger style: THE GAME.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum