You are not connected. Please login or register

El Shaddai: Ascension of The Metatron

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 El Shaddai: Ascension of The Metatron on Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:45 am

An action game for PS3 and Xbox 360 developed by Ignition Entertainment's Tokyo studio, which interestingly was comprised of former Clover studios and Capcom employees and directed by Takeyasu Sawaki a lead designer on DMC1 and Okami. A game known for depicting biblical lore with a varied, striking and ethereal art style.

You play as Enoch, a human scribe in heaven whom is tasked with purging the Grigori, a group of fallen angels who defected to rule and breed over humans in the Tower of Babel(I think?). Enoch is assisted by the Archangels and Lucifel(equipped with swanky jeans) who also functions as a manual save point, due to him being a 4D being that literally has a direct cellphone line to da big G.O.D. He also gives Enoch some swanky brand denim jeans which was part of a brand deal much like dmc2 diesel costumes.

You have 3 main weapons you can acquire as an item pickup in stages or by stunning an enemy and stealing it from them, each weapon has its own strengths and weaknesses that have additional uses for platforming sections that break up the combat. You can only hold 1 weapon at a time.

A weapon purging mechanic is also in place, the more you use a weapon the more corrupted it becomes, until its fully corrupted which makes it do less damage, this is visually represented as the weapon becoming darker going from white to red/brown. You can purge a weapon to make it back to full strength at any time, weapons are also purged automatically when stolen from foes.

The weapons are:

Arch-a swift sword like weapon that's the middle ground between the gales range and the veils damage, the most conventional weapon by far as it has typical launcher juggle combo move sets like dmc/bayo. It's dodge is a sort of short evasive jump/hop move, also allows you to float while jumping.

Gale-a fast long range projectile weapon that can fire different types of shots, changes your dodge to a fast long range dash.

Veil-a slow hard hitting weapon that manifests as giant fists and a shield for blocking, you can perform an advancing guard with the shield. I think you have extra armor with this weapon.

Also barehanded move set exists if you have no weapon, basic punch/kick move set with a dodge roll.

And you can play as another character for a chapter who has his own move set.

You have a devil trigger which manifests as a fiery spectral angel Uriel who adds extra attacks to your move set, similar to Nero's devil trigger form.

Movelist inputs are a mix of dial, pause combos and charge inputs. To guard break enemies you can perform move where you attack once the delay and Enoch will jump behind them to stun them.

I think there's a sort of built in parry/counter system like DmC as you can time your strikes to counter enemies allowing you to take no damage, or less I'm not sure.

Interestingly, you only unlock a visible hud after beating the game. You can tell how much life you have by the amount of armor left on Enoch. Also if you die during combat you can mash face buttons to have a chance to revive, can only be done a finite amount of times before an actual death, checkpoints are very frequent so it's very lenient. You can unlock extra costumes for beating stages with a high rank(I think A or S) and a super op costume for collecting all of Ishtar's remains.

I'll right stuff later. Birdman you know some stuff so if you could kindly articulate about the finer details if you want.

View user profile

2 Re: El Shaddai: Ascension of The Metatron on Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:20 am

Birdman

The weapons run on a sort of 'rock paper scissors' mechanic. As you said, they have strengths and weaknesses, and these are dependant on which weapon the enemy is equipped with.

If you purify yourself, you are vulnerable to attack . If you steal from a stunned enemy, Enoch does a cinematic steal and cant be attacked. You could consider this a cut-scene.

Regarding the 'devil trigger', you get a short time before it runs out but I forget how long. You also have an ultimate move that can be unleashed at any time though if you use this, your DT is over. It's best to wait until it's about to run out to get the most damage out of this state.

The counter is a bit weird. You start charging and if they hit you either then or as you unleash it, you'll eat through their attack. I'm fuzzy on the details but I remember it causes you to take a little damage so I didnt use it much.

Highest rank is G.

Too much to say on the weapons and stuff.

Edit: Ugh, that video you linked by the guy and his 'easy' G ranks.

OK SO WHAT DO YOU NEED FOR G- RANK???????
YOUR *****SECRET BONUS IS EVERYTHING********
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE HIGH COMBOS, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE PERFECT GUARDS, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE GOOD, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO RUSH THROUGH THE LEVEL**************THE MOST IMPORTANT THING FOR YOU TO REMEMBER IS*****BE PATIENT, DO NOT RUSH,DONT WORRY ABOUT HIGH COMBOS, STAY ALIVE AND TAKE YOUR TIME*******

NOW FOR THE MASTER SECRET WHICH DROPS IT FROM A 6 TO A 4. U READY??????OK......... WELLLLLLLLL. UMMMMMMMMM. YOU CAN RELOAD EVERY SINGLE AUTO SAVE AND THERE IS BASICALLY AN AUTO SAVE EVERY 5 SECONDS MAKING THIS SO EASY A 2 YEAR OLD CHILD COULD DO IT, SO ANYTIME YOU FALL OR DIE SIMPLY RELOAD YOUR RECENT AUTOSAVE.

Wow. There's some more garbage about the platinum trophy which is what this is all about. People care more about that then learning the game.

"You do not have to be good". God forbid right? Oh well, it's only hard mode. There's still extreme mode where I'm guessing this crap won't fly because enemies do insane levels of damage and bosses will break all your armor in 1-2 hits putting you straight into recover which ruins your rank.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum