You are not connected. Please login or register

Bullet Witch

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Bullet Witch on Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:56 pm

A third person shooter for the Xbox 360.

I'll have to pick this up soon along with ninja blade. Cavia where not the best devs but they tried.

View user profile

2 Re: Bullet Witch on Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:31 am

So I've played it until almost finished with the last section of the second to last level(has 6 levels, the last being the same area as the 2nd but with a final boss you couldn't kill from the 2nd level). It's fun so far, if a bit jank and has some mediocre level design. Oddly enough you can download costumes for free(I like the mummy costume) but have to pay for extra dlc missions.

I like the mob types, it's got:

Gun Soldiers, fast bike helmet soldiers, grenade launcher soldiers, shotgunners and snipers.

Tanks

Giants with miniguns.

Weird worm civilians that can spit blood or use ribcage spikes to attack you. Freaky things I'll admit they disturb me, they remind me of shibito in siren blood curse, namely the maggot and crawler shibito.

Floating brain doods who can lift objects to throw at you which is an insta kill.

Weird bloated blob monster which summons floating homing ghost heads.

View user profile

3 Re: Bullet Witch on Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:33 pm

Hopefully will have my copy today (at work now), really curious as to how the game plays!

View user profile http://forum.stingermagazine.com

4 Re: Bullet Witch on Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:05 pm

Okay I have to admit, this game...isn't that great. First off I have to note that I love how arcade-y it is, the story is extremely shovelware (barely mentioned, apparently her gun talks but we are never told), which I adore. The combat is so-so, you've got quite some nice spells and abilities though it all feels a bit wooden. Lacking the ability to cancel moves into each other, to use a dash better, I'm still learning but it all feels really slow. Not sure what they were going for.
Levels are HUUUUUUGGEEEEE, and very empty. I generally just went where I was supposed to go and sometimes explored a bit but found nothing of interest. Difficulty-wise I haven't been challenged at all yet, but I wonder if higher settings will change that.

My biggest grip though is that there is no music. I heard one tune during a boss and during the menu, and that was it. I'm going to put on some music while playing tomorrow but this game really could've used some epic DMC style music. Can you just imagine something like this playing during all that?

All in all, unlike P.N.03 which clicked with me right from the start, I'll need to dive a bit deeper into this. I'm curious to see how that will go.

5 Re: Bullet Witch on Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:54 pm

Birdman

Damn it. It did get an EU release but I've never seen it for sale here. Might try Ebay AU or UK.

View user profile

6 Re: Bullet Witch on Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:16 am

It's an odd one that's for sure. The level design in particular is baffling, it's mostly WIDE open areas with little to no cover and very little direction, no secrets but you get more points for killing all mobs at the level result screen so check all over the map for stragglers. Level 3 has linear hallways which compliment the gameplay well, level 5 has a spooky forrest full of lots of trees that works well too. It's rough and outright mediocre in many respects but I dig it so far.

I'd like it if it had more tracks especially as the ost is pretty bland. I think it's going for a more ambient desolate feel to emphasize the apocalyptic setting, big silly since it's pretty hokey, this ain't souls fam that's for sure.

Regarding difficulty, you can easily be 1shotted by tanks, snipers, standing near giants when they fall or debris flung by you or those floating brain guys. Higher modes make mobs more durable and deal more damage as far as I'm aware, I've stopped before stage 6 on normal, not very challenging so far but you do need to use the right guns and magic and cover as run n gunning always can get you killed, especially with those snipers.  

The above review explains some things and has some useful tips.

*I've noticed flipping to the left/right is faster than running.

*Using certain magic spells drains magic and decreases the magic bar cap but killing increases magic cap.

*Upgrade machine gun first, as well as buy raven spell which distracts mobs and element shot for extra damage. Get the sniper rifle also it does massive damage and is great for long range foes. I think its last upgrade gives it a scope, not sure but I saw footage where it looked like the rifle could zoom in.

*Reloading costs magic, the lower your clip is the more it costs, mini gun and rifle cost the most so reload them early to make them cost less magic per reload.

*Shotgun is useless most of the time as levels are so open so it's best to use machine gun or rifle for ranged foes. Shotgun can knock down worm men(bloated head wiggly mutant civilians) or soldiers and kill them in 1-2 hits with no upgrades at least normal.

View user profile

7 Re: Bullet Witch on Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:53 am

I've noticed the left/right flip thing too, lot faster (which helps since the game is so freak'n huge). Upgrades look pretty cheap so I'm just trying out which-ever. So far the Machine Gun seems the best with the Shotgun being absolutely pointless. I haven't found a single instance when it is useful.

Should be mentioned that melee is beast in this game. While tracking is horrible, it deals monsterous damage. One or two hits can kill anything so far.

8 Re: Bullet Witch on Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:38 am

Chapter Three was miles and beyond the best the game has offered up until now. Having Elemental Shots makes the game better too as it adds a small amount of meter-management. I like that you can just give all your weapons an element and store it for later use. Is it me btw or does the Elemental Shot Charge animation have i.frames? Not sure to be honest. Haven't used the other spells much yet outside of the cover-spell from time to time and Willpower (which rarely works the way I want to).

So far the Machinegun still rules supreme but the Shotgun with the Wind Element really adds to the combat. Gains some huge AoE to its shot, which works really nicely. I dislike how the fire-element on the Machinegun obstructs your view and lags the game, could have done with some tweaks that's for sure.

Mission 3's boss was pretty surprising, didn't expect that I'd be able to fall off the plane. Also have to say I laughed out loud when they were sitting in a plane with the door open, hilarity haha!

Also do you have a clue on how the final stats work? Survival Percentage? What the hell does that even mean? The remaining HP of your AI-bros?

9 Re: Bullet Witch on Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:52 pm

Yeh level 3 is pretty good, linear hallways keep the pace up and makes use of those worm men well since they are close range foes, and the boss is really cool too(didn't want to spoil that). Level 5 has a good dense misty forrest section for its second half, level 4 has a very short tunnel section but outside of those sections it's all absurdly open spaces, which doesn't lend itself too well to such an arcade like shooter. There's no real design to most areas it's just bizzarly spacious outdoor areas, telling that they had no money/time to make this game.

I'm not sure about iframes on element shot animation but I know that the larger spells(meteor, lightning and tornado), raven and sacrifice(revive npc) spells have iframes, so it's likely they all have iframes. I do really like how each gun has its own element, wonder if it effects damage against certain mobs, I know soldiers burn from machin gun element, only used the cannon's light shot which makes it more powerful and accurate, I've yet to test shotgun or gatling but the shotgun wind sounds good, shame the levels are too open mostly to make use of the shotgun.

Machine gun is by far the most versalite gun, best range/damage/speed/clip overall, all the others are very situational, I haven't got the gatling gun yet.

Best spells are by far lightning for disposing tanks(and choppers, maybe use tornado for same purpose), raven's panic for distracting grunts, willpower(you need to have debris for this and aim well for it to work), ancient wall(I seldom used only against snipers but I know it's useful for higher modes) and element shot for buffed up guns. Rose spears seems useless as by the time it's activated you could have killed everyone but I've not experimented with it yet.

Survival rating is how many npc's you saved, so if you see them in a kneeling down state then use sacrifice on them, I didn't pay attention to level results but I got an S for most stages so I've done something right. Accuracy and kill count are also factors, so search all the alcoves of maps for extra goons lying around.

I've found this: https://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/931220-bullet-witch/faqs/48604

View user profile

10 Re: Bullet Witch on Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:59 am

Birdman

I like how when I was watching that review it quickly shows a clip of some other shooting game with incoming GIANT JUMPING SPIDERS. That's my worst nightmare right there.

I'm currently bidding on this game and will know in 6 days if I'm getting it. Starting at $10 so if it stays low we'll see.

View user profile

11 Re: Bullet Witch on Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:33 am

@birdman: You might be spooked by quite a few mobs in bullet witch, namely the worm men and screamers(which summon floating heads) whom both look straight out of siren, particularly blood curse, they remind me of the shibito spiders and maggots, even sound like them, I think I've said this before. Where those spiders giant eye spiders? Those are in this game too sadly.

View user profile

12 Re: Bullet Witch on Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:43 pm

Birdman

Just got it for $10.
I wouldn't mind the JP version. I read the DLC is included on the disc. Is it still available for us?

View user profile

13 Re: Bullet Witch on Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:11 am

Dlc is available in the west but you have to pay for it, the costumes are free though just the extra missions must be bought, it's pretty cheap, about 70p each in the U.K.

View user profile

14 Re: Bullet Witch on Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:42 am

Yeah should be noted the dlc is cheap as sin, the costumes are free and the rest is like 25 euro cent a piece.

15 Re: Bullet Witch on Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:08 am

I was wearing the mummy costume, it looks cool(has cavia printed on the jacket, R.I.P cavia) as I don't care for dresses, I prefer tomboy looks for gals Wink.

I've read that guide it's pretty useful, it notes all the different mob types and a variety of strategies to use against them.
I'd like to note my findings for some mob types, namely the soldier variants as they are quit varied and each plays a different role, like say the squad leaders who wear red berets(chudor collars!?, also have a distinct camp voice) and direct squad fire so kill them first to reduce enemy fire density and accuracy. A skinny crouched soldier that wears a jet pilot helmet is super fast but weak, a larger masked type wields heavy machine guns and have a lot of life and shotgun types who rush towards you. Snipers also, they always 1shot you, the larger and brighter their laser sight beam is the closer they are to firing.

I've beaten it, I've moved onto ninja blade while I dedicate mostly to BB. The level 6 final boss is pretty rad, that huge red serpent armed demon(tri serpent) is the final boss, has a bunch of attacks that are all well telegraphed, pretty epic and impressive for a tiny budget title. I'll have to play the dlc levels, one is a 1shot level oh dear, another sounds like a wave based/survival mode.

View user profile

16 Re: Bullet Witch on Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:50 am

Probably going to dive in further tonight, maybe do one more mission. I doubt I'll dive into the higher settings, but so far it has been a nice distraction of a game. The Snipers annoy me though, really weird how they always instakill you - a bit harsh.

17 Re: Bullet Witch on Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:00 am

Birdman

I'll have this soon. Hopefully this week.

View user profile

18 Re: Bullet Witch on Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:27 am

Snipers are a bitch but more than manageable(at least on normal).

*They always seem to appear in fixed locations.

*Their laser sight helps you gauge their position and the brighter the laser is the closer they are to firing.

*Break line of sight, summon wall is invaluable for this due to lack of any substantial cover in most levels.

*They are weak and can be stunlocked with any gun, best to use cannon for sniping or machine gun if your close enough.

*Raven spell can be used to distract them also.

View user profile

19 Re: Bullet Witch Today at 7:15 am

Birdman

Arrived today but I probably won't be touching it for a while.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum