You are not connected. Please login or register

Bayonetta general discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Bayonetta general discussion on Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:11 am

So I beat infinite climax for bayo1 recently, wasn't very hard or fun. Same enemy placements as hard with more damage but munis witch time, which is a core mechanic and the real game changing incenstive for dodging well. With It's removal I find it hard to call infinite climax the 'true' experience for bayo.

I'm not the biggest fan of bayo, I'm decent enough to beat it with little tribulations, I'm no good at long combo inputs but I can remember some off by heart haha. I want to unlock sai fung, hiding it behind beating 100 chapters is a massive dick move, god I'll have to do it again when I get a pc oh blimey.

What do you think of bayo bosses? The cardinal virtues are fun for the spectacle but less so for challenge they all a bit samey compared to dmc1 which had entirely unique bosses that still hold up to this day and have little tricks to them. I don't like jubaleus she is pretty boring boss. I don't like how you hit her wings its a very indirect fight I don't like the design of it at all it's all a background boss with annoying attacks, reminds me too much of dmc4 saviour boss.

Jeanne and balder are the most interesting and challenging bosses, they have a variety of well telegraphed attacks and have a nice sense of back n forth.

View user profile

2 Re: Bayonetta general discussion on Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:16 pm

Birdman

You need to remember every combo. Just learn the good ones and when to offset and such, which weaves you want etc.

I also had trouble remembering the strings. Same with TF so I tested them all one by one and wrote done the useful ones.

View user profile

3 Re: Bayonetta general discussion on Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:40 pm

I remember plenty by now I'm not good at remembering long inputs and numbers at all. I prefer the move sets of god hand and dmc they make sense to me due to an emphasis on individual moves rather than long lists of set combo strings. Dodge offset is baffling too but I still manage to do combos without it mostly. I'm not interested in getting any better at bayo I'm fine as is.

View user profile

4 Re: Bayonetta general discussion on Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:04 am

Birdman

Bayo has a ton of individual moves.

Why put a limit on yourself?

View user profile

5 Re: Bayonetta general discussion on Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:24 am

I'm simply not good at remembering long sequences and the game doesn't interest me enough to get any better.The only phone number I can remember is my own and that took years as I've only ever had one phone number. It's how my mind functions.
I don't need to remember all those combos inputs to have fun and I'm not going to bother learning them all it's a gradual process that I'm not going to force. I don't strive for perfection I'm fine being where I am and improving a slight amount each time happens naturally due to increased experience. It's more down to habit than anything, you are what you repeatedly do type of deal.

We all do in fact have physical limits no matter what, if it's psychological it's simultaneously biological as the brain and body exit. Mental/physical health is real.
You would have to analyse my brain/body to really find out why I'm not good at remembering long sequences, I'm pretty sure that I have problems with getting short term memory into long term.

I simply prefer some games more than others like anyone does, preference is all pretty arbitrary if it think about it long enough. Ultimately I play games for fun, I find some games more fun than others. It goes beyond my capacity to comprehend and explain it.
I play what I like that's about it. I wouldn't be playing bayo if I didn't like it, because I do. :p

View user profile

6 Re: Bayonetta general discussion on Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:33 am

Birdman

Fair enough, except you don't need to remember all those strings. They are mostly not useful. You want to learn a few good ones and offset into them, or hell. not even finish them and use individual moves. It's not much different that DMC really.

Why do you say dodge offset is baffling?

View user profile

7 Re: Bayonetta general discussion on Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:01 am

I agree. Light-heavy-light string is pretty overpowered.
Dodge offset I find executing it awkward is all, holding down a button plus remembering strings confuses me a bit. Taunt offset is easier since I don't have to hold a button haha.
I'm fine with bayo really I go about it like you said, it helps a lot that most combos are same for each weapon. I'm most familiar with shuraba/onyx rose for feet, I was using that and durga hands/feet or durga hands and odette. I'm sure next time I will unlock sai fung.

View user profile

8 Re: Bayonetta general discussion on Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:50 am

A lot of the combos and moves are very situational, but the amount of moves is ... actually pretty small - it just seems like a lot. But most are just variations of other moves, like you have PPK, or PPK(hold) which is a launcher. Once you see that pattern a lot of double combos are filtered out of your brain. The biggest thing you need to learn with these types of games is to get into the 'flow', turn off your brain and use what comes to mind. Once your mind is in that state the only thing you should be worrying about is dodging. This is the same for titles like DMC. I barely know the combos by heart in any game but just play 'with the flow', if something doesn't work or a combo breaks I just go on and keep on going - play with improvisation and try new and exciting things. That's what the combat is about here.

About dodge-offset, it took a long time for me to get used to it too. But once it clicks it's really easy and can become second nature pretty fast.

On the topic of Witch Time, I liked the way it was in 1 more than 2. In 1 the game wasn't designed around it, all enemies had to be beatable without it since you didn't have it on the highest setting. In 2 this isn't the case, which resulted in a lot of enemies being un-comboable or just unhittable outside of Witch Time which made for very boring combat at times.

That said the first Bayonetta never clicked with me. Both the drab art-style, lack of weapon variation (most being just the same weapon with a different skin or small technical difference) and weird music never hit home with me. Though I dislike the emphasis on Witch Time the sequel clicked a lot better with me.

View user profile http://forum.stingermagazine.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum