You are not connected. Please login or register

What are you playing right now?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

51 Re: What are you playing right now? on Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:01 pm

AKheon

D-Rank
RE6 really does deserve its own topic for being the confused, strange mess it is. It's a very "Capcom" game, and everything is designed with maximum coolness in mind. A part of me wants to like it, but it has too many insane design choices to it and I find myself caring less and less as the game goes on.

Haven't played ME: A too much yet, but it doesn't seem too shabby. I'm playing unpatched, of course, to get a maximum laugh out of the wooden animations.

View user profile

52 Re: What are you playing right now? on Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:02 pm

Just did my introduction post in the proper thread, so let's go into business Smile

I'm playing Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. If you guys played Ninja Gaiden 2 and this one, you can see how this PS3 remake is incredibly easier, so I decided to do a restricted run: Master Ninja, no items (save for health upgrades and talismans), no UT's, no Ninpo and no Izuna drop or similars. It may sound hard as hell but it isn't. It's perfectly doable if you have experience of the original game, which is the actual journey through hell. So, I'm having fun since in this game you can use alot of moves and strategies that were simply ineffectve on the original.

@Royta: so, since I've played quite a bit of Master Ninja mode, I think I may summarize my opinion about the game. As I said, I agree with you that Sigma 2 is really polished. It seems that the priority was to make the most polished product possible, in fact the game is not only very balanced in difficulty (if we exclude the armadillo which goes beyond my comprehension) but it seems to have much less bugs and slowdowns. Though, we have to admit that NG2 constitutes a more unique game that delivers a type of experience that no other game gives the player, while Sigma 2 offers a more streamlined gameplay, which can be associated to many other action games, only with much harder difficulty level. Adding that NG2 gameplay was partially fixed with mission mode, and that Sigma 2 has racist mission mode (play online or suffer the AI companion) still makes me think that NG2 is an experience any "hardcore" action gamer should try. Aside from that, I think I probably prefere playing Sigma 2 because the learning curve is less frustrating, so I can have an NG game that doesn't feel too stressful and I can play it even if I'm not super focused or if I'm a bit tired.

So, I think I'll continue playing Sigma 2 and doing runs with a couple of weapons, then take a break. But the NG in which I want to really improve in the future, maybe next year, is Razor's Edge. The game has brilliant combat system, despite some issues in the technical department, some pointless bosses and the "balanced for coop" mission mode. Still the story mode and chapter challenge mode offer a high degree of replayability, and the ToV's are much better than in NG2. I'll probably open some threads in Ninja Gaiden sections.

I've also started a character in Dark Souls 3. So, this game has brilliant art style and animations, fun bosses and enemies, though I can't play it more than a couple of minutes, it just get boring for me. I just can't understand why, it's a really good game on paper but with me has this impact. I'd rather play Dark Souls 1 or Bloodborne. Let alone Nioh, but I think it shouldn't be compared to souls games. Also I have to admit that souls it's starting to grow a bit old on me. I can't seem to be able to enjoy even Bloodborne these days.

I've seen you guys were talking about Absolver. That game looks cool, I may be interested into it, but from what I've seen it's a game meant for pvp. If you guys can confirm it has good pve then I could try it, otherwise I'll pass, I really don't like online play and multiplayer.

Also Zelda game series was mentioned. Now, I don't wanna sound like those "game hipsters" that wanna look cool, but these days I was watching a guy on twitch doing speedruns at the very first Legend of Zelda game on an original NES, and I think it's a damn cool game. Btw the guy is Arcus87, a popular speedrunner which recently did the Wolrd Record on Ninja Gaiden 1 NES speedrun. He only play NES games. Now, I don't like to do speedrun but maybe I can to try play Zelda NES for fun on an emulator.

View user profile

53 Re: What are you playing right now? on Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:47 am

> Sigma 2 challenge run
Pretty neat, I still want to do something like this for Ninja Gaiden Black with the addition of 'no savescumming' since I tend to just run to the save point after EVERY damn fight haha, maybe add a no GT to it since I tend to spam that.

> tagging
The site does have the feature btw, but it is...iffy haha.

> Sigma 2 in general
You basically noted my love for the game in on sentence: "I'm having fun since in this game you can use alot of moves and strategies that were simply ineffectve on the original"- the original felt so restrictive, you could barely use half your moveset without getting punished for it harshly which was a damn shame. I will admit that NG2 is a far more unique experience, there's nothing quite like it and surviving it. I will add that I don't enjoy playing NG2 as much as Sigma 2, NG2 is just depressing, no matter how good you are it is always a matter of survival, not perfection.

> mission mode
Now, yes. On launch it was a blast since you could co-op (which is dead now). Ultimate Ninja 01 and 02 really brought the community together in a way it hadn't before. I would wish it allowed for a solo mode though. In the end I prefer NG3:RE's mission mode the most as it allows for co-op while also giving pros something to strive for. Players like ShowR showed that it was possible to beat most of them solo.

> open threads in NG section
YES! Please! Looking forward to it!

> Absolver
Best ask around that board, especially with Birdman. He's played it.

View user profile http://forum.stingermagazine.com

54 Re: What are you playing right now? on Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:22 am

Birdman

Absolver's PvE is awful. I wouldn't recommend to anyone. I haven't played in ages though and there have been many updates, so I don't know if they've changed anything. Just watch a playthrough and you'll see. It's a super small world with only other masked human enemies.

I finally got Okami HD PS4 in the mail 2 days ago and have been playing it ever since. It's a no upgrade run, and I'm also trying to get to the end as fast as possible because people want to know if the song plays in the end credits. I have the Asia version and this Japanese song was removed from the English versions.

View user profile

55 Re: What are you playing right now? on Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:31 am

Absolver's PvE is awful. I wouldn't recommend to anyone. I haven't played in ages though and there have been many updates, so I don't know if they've changed anything. Just watch a playthrough and you'll see. It's a super small world with only other masked human enemies.

Well that's sad to hear, but also good - one less game to play.

In terms of my games right now, I'm deeply invested in play Ninja Gaiden Black. Doing two runs right now, one is just a regular 100% run, the other being all the missions in Mission Mode with all weapons and no healing. Aside from that I'm playing The Evil Within 2 on Survivor Knife Only, to practice for Nightmare. I'm not sure on some stuff yet, will post in the topic about it. Might need some insight.

Really wanting to buy and play The Cursed Crusade, Remember Me and Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge. But where will I find the time...

56 Re: What are you playing right now? on Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:48 am

[quote="Royta/Raeng"]
Really wanting to buy and play The Cursed Crusade, Remember Me and Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge. But where will I find the time...

I had Cursed Crusade years ago, never beat it but I had some fun with my sister in (couch) coop. I don't think it's particularly good but I'll give it a try again.

View user profile

57 Re: What are you playing right now? on Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:31 am

Royta wrote:no savescumming
Hahaha yeah, I'm trying to do it too in my run, I did it really a few times.

maybe add a no GT
True, really good move for free i-frames, unfortunately the way to go in NG2 if you wanna use the sword. Though, in NGB it's possible.

The site does have the feature
Sorry! I'll find how to do it :)

Players like ShowR showed that it was possible to beat most of them solo
Though it was super boring XD
He's the NG man though. Btw, I'll try to open a thread here in the NG section for my run and other stuff.

@Birdman wrote:Absolver's PvE is awful
Thank you very much for the insight :)
As Royta said, one game less to play :)

View user profile

58 Re: What are you playing right now? on Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:25 pm

I should replay all the arcade games I had emulated as a kid, tons of obscure beat em ups and shooters I have knowledge off, might as well make use of that haha. Played a lot of NeoGeo games, I always recall Sengoku1&2 and Shock Troopers fondly.  

Anyone else have arcade experience?.

View user profile

59 Re: What are you playing right now? on Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:35 am

Birdman

Havent seen you for awhile son.

Arcade - hell yes though it was usually just the few cabinets in takeout places. There's a few games I remember playing but dont know the titles. Wish I could remember them.

I bought an SNES mini last year but havent opened it yet. I plan to grab that Commodore thing as I wasnt around when it had its run.

View user profile

60 Re: What are you playing right now? on Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:10 pm

We had a small restaurant called King Arthur (long gone now) that had a pool table and a SF2 arcade machine on the second floor. Used to go there all the time in breaks when studying MultiMedia design (was only 15 minutes walk to that cafe.). 

Only time otherwise was when I was in Japan and played some Space Harrier and SF2 in the arcades. I think as far as arcade games go I love Space Harrier the most. Such a addicting little game. Sega really ruled the arcades at one point.

61 Re: What are you playing right now? on Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:26 am

Hey guys I'm still alive. Just playing Third Strike on Fightcade because I'm stupid. Yeah, it doesn't make sense: untechable throws, unblockable fullscreen ex elbows and shoulder rams, unblockable overheads, parryes that require you to move the stick a month in advance, lag abusers, assholes of all kinds. Good times, definitely. So if you wanna play my nickname is "G3nshin" and right now I basically use Ken only. If we'll have too much lag I will ask to quit though, so forgive me for that Crying or Very sad

View user profile

62 Re: What are you playing right now? on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:41 am

If you want we can play sometime, I'll see if I can add you. Ken's are hard for me though (Twelve main). But with online it's all different (doubt you can hitconfirm Super online). Twelve's biggest flaw is that he lacks combos, but that's not really an issue online. Sad part is he relies heavily on parries so that makes him a bit worse again.

I also like to toy around with Ryu, Sean, Alex and Q though.

63 Re: What are you playing right now? on Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:43 am

@Royta/Raeng wrote:I'll see if I can add you
I play on fightcade, so you don't have to add me, you can jump in the room and double click on my nickname to challenge me.
Ken's are hard for me though (Twelve main). But with online it's all different (doubt you can hitconfirm Super online)
Well it's really possible with Ken to hitconfirm online because his confirms are easy. Not saying that I'm good at it but it's really possible to do it consistently imo. Though, online creates other problems, like parries, you said it, so I wouldn't take things too seriously.

Theoretically I also use Necro, but I can't hit confirm his back mp anymore so that kinda destroys my enthusiasm into playing him. Because yes, Third Strike is all about strict hit confirms aside from parries (of course).

I wonder if SFAlpha's are more playable online.

View user profile

64 Re: What are you playing right now? on Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:39 am

Birdman

Still on Devil's Third with plans to move on to Star Fox Zero or Guard.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum