You are not connected. Please login or register

Ninja gaiden general discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Ninja gaiden general discussion on Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:25 am

I'm playing sigma on normal for the 2nd time, just doing chapter 3 now. Already better than first time, I'm most familiar with ng2. Spandex ninja ahoy.

View user profile

2 Re: Ninja gaiden general discussion on Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:29 am

Stopped at chapter 17, out of all action games I play I'm the worst at ninja gaiden. It always perplexes me, the combat, movement, controls and enemies baffle me. I can't quite place it but I simply can't make sense of ng compared to any other action game I've played, even god hand makes sense to me and that shits unconventional to say the least.
I'm not so bad it's getting used to controls, namely attacks;The inputs confuse me I think it's how you have to hold a direction for a certain move, I tend to have a stick in a direction by accident and generally get confused which input is which.

Also how you can't cancel out of animations to the degree you can in bayo/mgr/god hand, its very stiff and the animation commitment is something I have trouble with(shuriken cancel I know). It's something that makes you have to be more pragmatic with strikes, as in only use what move is needed for maximum spandex efficiency(do you think ryu gets gassy? Maybe not due to something something wind ninpo haha).
Still good fun, I always found ng to be a bit weird to me, maybe something to do with the bosses also, they don't have that appeal that dmc/mgr/god hand bosses do, I think due to how many states to manipulate those other bosses tend to have.

What do you think of ng1 bosses?

Also Ive only played sigma once before and ng2 a lot and ng3 yrs ago. I like how you can cancel out of a bloke in 2. Does 3/razors edge add any more cancel options?

Roy could you add a Nioh page please? I've been watching your nioh vids, I am interested in Nioh but I want to circumvent the levelling and stat nonsense as much as possible while not being gimped due to it somehow. I seen you use and mention white weapons, is that something to do with damage levels? God I hate spreadsheets.

View user profile

3 Re: Ninja gaiden general discussion on Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:25 am

Ninja Gaiden plays a lot different compared to other action titles which is why it is so loved, it is all about knowledge and dedication. You can't get too flashy but are forced to be efficient. The first two games have some leeway though as you can already hold block during numerous attacks and still block and a lot of attacks are filled with i.frames. It wasn't until 3 that this really started to disappear, which was really wooden in its combat and really forced you to dedicate.

The first two titles were heavily held back by their over emphasis on Ultimate Technique though which was a darn shame.

Bosses are really a Dark Souls like affair (or the other way around I should say), you hold block and dodge until an opening arrives and you punish as hard as possible. That's it.

On Nioh. I quit. Mostly because of just how much gear and stats mattered. It just got tiring.

View user profile http://forum.stingermagazine.com

4 Re: Ninja gaiden general discussion on Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:24 am

That's something I noticed about the bosses, same goes for devils third which is why they seem so cheap I guess as most don't know how the bosses are designed and now you are supposed to play. Ironic given souls is so big but shares the same core boss design.

On nioh; that sucks, all the the sake of the supposed role playing eh?. Why are stats/levels=RPG and not the ya know....role playing? Where Team ninja forced to put RPG stuff into nioh?
They make action games same as platinum but both keep putting superfluous stats into a genre they know can't compute with.
It's so sad to see team ninja try to court another market again and not its fans and action game routes, souls is such a low standard for nuanced action games. Great action game devs are making games that's are ruined by rpg stuff and then ff and others are not great action games with role playing stuff; no one wins. Sorry this belongs in another thread haha.

Sigma: I do like how different ng1-2 are, the non linear connected areas of ng1 was an interesting choice and works well, allows for some sneaky placed items and more adventure take on action games. It has a nice flow to it where you have to traverse various areas and solve simple puzzles and unlock new areas.

View user profile

5 Re: Ninja gaiden general discussion on Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:01 am

Birdman

On Nioh. I quit. Mostly because of just how much gear and stats mattered. It just got tiring.

You lasted way longer than I did lol. Sad because I love Nioh's combat. Do you think they'll really just raise all caps for the final DLC? I can't believe they can't see how bad that is. I hope the final DLC changes something that makes me get back into it.

View user profile

6 Re: Ninja gaiden general discussion on Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:20 am

EDIT: I moved this post to the nioh page don't know how to delete posts.

Last edited by Gabriel Phelan Lucas on Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

7 Re: Ninja gaiden general discussion on Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:26 am

You lasted way longer than I did lol. Sad because I love Nioh's combat. Do you think they'll really just raise all caps for the final DLC? I can't believe they can't see how bad that is. I hope the final DLC changes something that makes me get back into it.
The second DLC was the final nail in the coffin for me. You had to farm all new gear again and beat the whole campaign again on a new difficulty setting. It just got so...boring. I sometimes play it online with a friend but outside from that I'm not touching it again.

@gabriel, they had to inplement RPG elements as that's a trend now. It sells. Dark Souls is insanely popular as is the Witcher, both action titles with shovelware RPG values. The annoying part about it is that skill is second to stats. With enough skill you can win everything, but it just takes so darn long. A highly strong built character can beat a boss in seconds by mashing Square. Yet a skilled player with bad gear needs to play perfect for nearly thirty minutes. This also goes into the damage, as on the highest setting everything is an instant death unless you are geared properly. All and everything is about the gear which just hurts.

8 Re: Ninja gaiden general discussion on Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:07 pm

Hey guys it's our favourite ninja man in his next big debut:

The Irish fella came along too, nice to see the Irish represented in games...Japanese ones...musou....game.(god fuck me if this is ryu's last game outing, RIP sweet ninja prince)

Anyway I'm tired of being so bitter about the state of action games, life and such for now, I'll get back to ng2.

View user profile

9 Re: Ninja gaiden general discussion on Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:55 am

So what are the notable chances from black to sigma? I was watching bicks black/sigma guide when I first played sigma to note the differences.

Sigma I like the level design it's more non linear adventure with puzzles and platforming than ng2-3.

How is sigma hard mode? Normal kicked my arse in places but I managed well enough.

View user profile

10 Re: Ninja gaiden general discussion on Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:58 am

Both Sigma and Black change item locations (including key items) and enemy setups per difficulty, some difficulties also introduce a new boss here and there (some being exclusive to Master Ninja).

> Changes of Black - Sigma
Just to name a few:

• Sigma added the Rachel chapters for one, which can be a drag.
  • Sigma removed all costumes and added new ones
  • Sigma has a few changed encounters
  • The game is a tad less difficult
  • You can now shoot arrows from the air and shooting with the bow is generally made easier
  • Increased visuals
  • Some chapters got small changes in terms of lay-out, but nothing special. Especially Chapter 1 was changed, for the worse.
  • You can now 'quick-use' potions, but it is finicky and should be avoided.
  • Some underwater segments were removed.
  • The Doku fight underwent some changes
  • Chapter 2 has a Doku bossfight now and a few added encounters

Honestly if you could skip the Rachel stages Sigma could have been the 'ultimate version' but they had to ruin things. The game is "1 step forward, 1 step backwards" with every decision.

My favorite is still the original 2004 version. Just such a good game.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum