You are not connected. Please login or register

New Fist of the North Star by Yakuza devs.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 New Fist of the North Star by Yakuza devs. on Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:52 pm

Birdman

Did not see this coming lol.

View user profile

2 Re: New Fist of the North Star by Yakuza devs. on Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:01 am

Oh snap, this is a dream game right here, even kiryu's actor is ken. Hope it comes to the west.

View user profile

3 Re: New Fist of the North Star by Yakuza devs. on Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:09 am

Birdman

I'd rather it be a straight action game than this. Not a Musou one either. Hokuto Musou was actually ok, but I mean like something from Platinum.

I would love it if Platinum did a FotS game with mechanics like GH. GH is pretty much a FotS game as it is but they could add in some kind of pressure point system. Maybe similar to blade mode. These mechanics would fit really well.

View user profile
I'd like to see platinums take on hokuto too, GH is more than acceptable for me. Haven't seen any gameplay beyond this trailer but I take it's gonna be like Yakuza but with more sick brain busting punches(probably gonna be censored at least in Japan), yakuza devs are a good fit, maybe they will have a pressure point mini game, more likely heat move qte stand ins. I think death by degrees has some sort of pressure point X-ray mechanic.

View user profile

Birdman

The trailer shows Ken switch fighting styles to a faster one just like Yakuza Zero.

View user profile
Combat looks like yakuza 6, same engine I take.

View user profile

7 Re: New Fist of the North Star by Yakuza devs. on Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:28 am

Yo so it's gonna have a post apocalyptic kamurocho, its called Hokuto ga Gotoku. They also announced yakuza kiwami 2.

View user profile

Birdman

I probably won't be playing it but I still hope it's not simply an HnK skin.

View user profile

9 Re: New Fist of the North Star by Yakuza devs. on Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:01 am

It's likely going to use yakuza combat as its basis with some unique hokuto stuff, mostly styles and heat move stand ins probably. I'll check it out but I hope it gets localised, might not given hokuto isn't known much in the west, not enough to warrant a localisation.

View user profile

10 Re: New Fist of the North Star by Yakuza devs. on Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:32 am

Birdman

Hokuto Musou 1 & 2 got Western releases so I don't see why they wouldn't release this.

View user profile

11 Re: New Fist of the North Star by Yakuza devs. on Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:49 am

That's what I was thinking, this hokuto game could be a big hit for hokuto and yakuza team, especially with the recent resurgence of yakuza in the west. Sega has just opened a survey for interest in the announced yakuza games.

View user profile

12 Re: New Fist of the North Star by Yakuza devs. on Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:23 pm

When I saw this my head exploded...and then I saw the gameplay and thought: of all the Yakuza titles they had to base the combat of the worst one...
Yakuza 6 has a lot of merrits but it's mosou style combat isn't one of them. I'll still get this day one since I love Fist of the North Star and just adore the team behind Yakuza, but the combat looks shallow at best. That being said imagine Heat Actions with this game...I need that in my life.

Yakuza is really making grounds in the west though. Zero was a big success and Kiwami2 will probably have a really quick release after Asia.

View user profile http://forum.stingermagazine.com

13 Re: New Fist of the North Star by Yakuza devs. on Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:45 pm

yeh yakuza 6 looks really odd, it looks older gameplay wise than yakuza regular gameplay you know what i mean? Its so different from all the others, like kiryu does new moves and not dragon of dojima style i think. The ragdoll and animations all look really off and goofy. looks like an og xbox type combat. Plus 6 runs at 30fps than yakuza 0/ishin/kiwami 60fps. Hokuto really deserves a great action title and yakuza team are prime candidates to do it justice.

View user profile

14 Re: New Fist of the North Star by Yakuza devs. on Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:41 pm

Yeah Yakuza 6 runs on a new and different engine. To be fair in terms of graphical fidelity and open world it's a lot better in 6. You can now seemlessly enter stores and also have fights there instead of pressing X to enter and looking at a loading screen. And all Yakuza games originally ran at 30fps, don't forget that Yakuza 0, Ishin and Kiwami are originally PS3 titles that ran at 30fps but us dirty westerners got the PS4 release with updated frame-rate.

That said the combat...looks extremely meh.

Gameplay looks pretty slick and responsive so far!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum