You are not connected. Please login or register

Ninja blade

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Ninja blade on Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:56 am

Haven't much to say but birdman you have played this right? It was one of my first 360 games, I will buy it again soon.

View user profile

2 Re: Ninja blade on Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:19 am

Birdman

Awesome game. The comparisons with NG are crap. The guy looks similar to Ryu at a glance, and is also a ninja. That's it.

View user profile

3 Re: Ninja blade on Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:44 pm

It does share similar gameplay,it was clearly a response to the then popular ninja gaiden series. I haven't played it since I first had it but I remember the combat being a tad slow and unresponsive, not something ninja games tend to have, I don't have anything against it it's a fun game with some neat bosses. I liked those turret sections too. I'm not gonna bother comparing them though I don't care for that, ninjas be ninjas.

View user profile

4 Re: Ninja blade on Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:51 pm

Birdman

The gameplay has some visually similar things like wall running and having a sword. DMC3 has those too and it's nothing like NG.

NB is actually more similar to Chaos Legion with its enemy types and weaknesses. NB only has 3 weapons, but each is totally unique and serve specific purposes, much like CL's legions and metal/organic enemy strengths/weaknesses.

You have the standard katana, an all-rounder, the giant sword, slow but can break armored enemies, and those chain sickle things that are super fast and spin all around you. In addition to enemy types, these weapons are also used for exploration/progression stuff like the giant sword being able to break walls, and the sickles allowing you to swing on pieces of the environment.

Ninjutsu has two variations, the quick version used in combat, but when you hold the button you can aim and shoot with that big shuriken. For example, the wind one can put out fires with on enemies or in order to progress through a burning building.

Ninja Vision is a unique ability. You get that boost and can keep it active as long as you have meter, but once it ends, be it from ending it yourself or running out of energy, the screen will go all blurry and it's worse the longer you use it for. You need to manage this carefully to use it effectively.

There's so much to say on this game. Guard cancelling, the dash etc. It's not slow, it's just slower than NG, because the mechanics are different. It's not unresponsive, it just might seem so because you were used to something faster.

Turret sections are fun, but go on a bit too long. Bosses are great and have multiple phases. The QTE are fun rewards for winning, and are so insane. Like, they blow MGR's finishers away.

View user profile

5 Re: Ninja blade on Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:07 am

Yeh like I said I haven't played it since first time yrs ago, but I'm down to give it another go, I do look it up here and there since I find the varied bosses charming(slime chopper give me a chuckle). Levels are all city areas which I would have liked to see others. It's clearly a budget title and it has my respect. wonder if from soft will make another or another more flamboyant action game.

View user profile

6 Re: Ninja blade on Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:20 am

Birdman

Budget or not, it beats damn near every AAA game out in terms or actual gameplay and mechanics. That's all that really matters and it's a shame that the industry has lost that.

Fromsoft has quite a few unique games, usually somewhat odd or unconventional but deliver great gameplay. Most are too stupid to see this though and we live in a world where people decide a game's value based on numbers on website rather than experiencing it themselves.

Most people only know them from Souls, but they've been one of my favorite devs for years before Souls.

I would love to see a new Otogi or Metal Wolf.

View user profile

7 Re: Ninja blade on Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:20 am

Same sentiment here, metal wolf never even got a release outside of Japan, devolver digital asked if they could publish it in the west when some noise was made back in 2016 from the two best friends did an lp of it: https://mobile.twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/692330482176884736?lang=en

From soft I hope they keep being odd, they big now so I don't know what they will make will be excepted, I'd like them to move on from souls now, maybe revisit armoured core or echo night beyond.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum