You are not connected. Please login or register

Stinger Magazine: General Discussion on articles

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Birdman

How they motivate you? That would be interesting considering the amount of mechanics out there.

What you said about Shinobi enemies, the way they frustrate your attempts at Tate chains, was something I never thought of about them, but it's so true.

View user profile
@Birdman wrote:How they motivate you? That would be interesting considering the amount of mechanics out there.

What you said about Shinobi enemies, the way they frustrate your attempts at Tate chains, was something I never thought of about them, but it's so true.

I was pretty happy when I made that conclusion too. I was looking at how they played and instead of rushing you down (which they do sometimes do), they can also just lock up and put up a defensive wall to destroy your chain. Especially in the last boss, the enemies just want to slow you down and wreck your chain, they aren't there to kill you (though they easily can haha!).

In terms of Enemies Article, not quite sure yet. I'd probably make it about how enemies can motivate the player to use the mechanics, but it's a really broad article without any real...goal? I'll think about it some more.

View user profile http://forum.stingermagazine.com
Question, I'm just typing some nonsense, but any takers if I'm missing anything?

Example of a bad foe (color coded) and why its bad

What should a foe do?

[2 examples per example]

Example of a foe who motivates you to try harder

Example of a foe that forces to experiment

Example of a foe that hinders the game

Example of a foe that forces you to exploit the game

Examples of a foe that forces you to get better

Example of a foe that breaks the rules

Anything to add or examples?

View user profile http://forum.stingermagazine.com
Hinders the game: Regular grunts with Accurate High Damage Hitscan guns in Devils Third.

Forces use of exploits: Yakuza Kiwami enemies/bosses.

Forces you to get better/experiment: Regular God Hand grunts or Ninja Gaiden Black Spider ninja or another enemy.

View user profile

Birdman

Seems I can only think of mechanics rather than enemies. Seperate article down the line maybe? Like the Devil's Third example. Is it really the enemies, or the mechanics that govern them and you?

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum