You are not connected. Please login or register

Gunvalkyrie

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Gunvalkyrie on Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:51 am

Birdman

I can't believe I forgot to mention this game already! I was tidying up today and checking which boxes have what games in them when I found this.

At first the game looks pretty simple, but keep watching and you'll see them boosting all over the place while targeting and blasting enemies. You have a meter for your jetpack, very similar to Vanquish actually. It depletes when you dash or fly, hover etc. But there is a mechanic to get meter back while dashing.

You chain dashes together by performing them in different directions. I'm a little rusty on the rules, but as I remember it, you can only dash either once or maybe twice in the same direction before the meter falls and your combo breaks.

While dashing around you can still attack enemies. It starts to resemble something like a combination between Vanquish and Z.O.E 2.

This is one of the few I could find where the player actually knows how dashing and meter work. It starts off with nothing special but keep watching and you'll see it in action.

View user profile

2 Re: Gunvalkyrie on Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:25 am

I've seen this before, didn't know u could do sick chain dashes.

Do u know of EOE:eve of extinction?

It's a ps2 action game where u have many weapons that u can switch mid combo with n each has a super move u have to draw onscreen to use like okami, also has some qte moments.
I had that as a kid, I've looked it up since n can't say if it is any good, looks a bit jank.

Same developer who did sword of the berserk:guts' rage n berserk millennium falcon arc games.

View user profile

3 Re: Gunvalkyrie on Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:51 am

Birdman

Make a topic for it.

View user profile

4 Re: Gunvalkyrie on Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:53 am

Gunvalkyrie is pretty much if you could play as bogey in vanquish.
EDF 2025/4.1 has a Valkyrie class similar to this, you have a meter that depletes both flying and gun usage.

View user profile

5 Re: Gunvalkyrie on Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:58 am

Birdman

I've played one of the old EDFs but I didn't like it. It still had that character and she has a basic boost system. Seemed more similar to Dino Crisis 3.

View user profile

6 Re: Gunvalkyrie on Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:48 am

Ah they did have them in older EDF games,that slipped my mind. It does seem similar to Dino crisis 3.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum