You are not connected. Please login or register

Furi

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Furi on Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:41 am

I'll write up later.

Have u guys played it?

It's shmup action hybrid with guns and melee, you can dash,parry and charge your sword, dash and gun for damage/range boosts. Shmup and action games get along well don't they, best buds I say.

It's a boss rush game each stage is a whole boss fight with multiple phases.

Art is by the Afro samurai guy.

Last edited by Gabriel Phelan Lucas on Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

2 Re: Furi on Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:37 am

Birdman

I have it but haven't out much time into it. It's freakin' MEAN.

Thought that art style looked familiar.

View user profile

3 Re: Furi on Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:11 am

It's legit challenge more so on furrier, it's very fair with its life system, in how if u die u lose a life then have to start a bosses phase over, so it gives u another chance instead of game over, 2 chances actually. I beat it on Furier, the chain the 1st boss is legit boss on furier, really fun, doesn't overdo melee or shmup stuff he very fair.

I had trouble with the bullet hell sections of bosses, many have lots of it, it's best strength is its fusion of action and shmup mechanics. It's very simple game but very well executed.

My favourite bosses r the chain, the burst, the strap, and the scale, these bosses have the best mix of melee and shmup mechanics. The song, the line, the star(pure shmup no melee bit lame) focus mostly on shmup gameplay, those where the hardest to me. Shmup stuff is more varied and dangerous than melted

Not as fun as the other bosses since they r stationary while doing shmup stuff so it's more fight the stage than them in those bits, they lack back and forth the others are more like rival bosses.

The edge is a good boss also but he is pure melee so he not as dynamic as the others and shows how limited the melee stuff is(simply use parry which is super lenient timing and maybe dodge his sweeping moves)
so some bosses are lopsided which isn't playing to its strength which is its variety, its fairly shallow individually but it is so well executed and dynamic it is a very good game.

Last edited by Gabriel Phelan Lucas on Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

4 Re: Furi on Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:18 am

Funny I good enough for furier but not god hard, it's due to how simple furi is.

bosses have new n altered phases on furier, more noticeable on some than others it's a nice touch makes it harder but not too much.

U can parry many bullets n boss attacks which is super useful for some bosses, u can make a whole final phase of a boss much easier with them. I look forward to more from game backers. U get life back from parries against boss melee attacks.
Reminds me of alien soldier parry bullets for life pickups.

U can fight bosses without story in practice mode for unlockable concept art u get for each rank, ranks go from E to S.

Also I don't think the art translated as well as it could have in game.
Afro samurai artist is very detailed which shows in the concept art but the game is cell shaded in such a way so u can't see the fine details of some boss designs, which makes them look less intricately designed. The chain is lacking details on the model, his art is sick.

Its a small game by a small team who love action games. Action games r hard to make on a small budget with an amateur action game team, so it's nice to see indie teams make action games even with said restrictions.

Its a simple game that works within its limits. It's not very deep but is so well executed it's not an issue, same as alien soldier, which is also a simple boss rush game, it's more about the bosses n how u interact with them than how complex your actions r.

Each boss is unique it's very impressive how varied they r.

They even give a special thnx in the credits to kojima,mikami, kamiya for their games as inspiration.

In the making of vids they say they love god hand n other action games so they know their stuff.

Last edited by Gabriel Phelan Lucas on Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

5 Re: Furi on Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:21 am

I have the game as it was part of Playstation Plus at the time, but never really dived into it. I liked the boss-rush style of it. But as Matthew mentioned the combat was a bit lacking in my eyes too, I got to the second boss and by then I was already a bit bored. The mechanics just didn't hold my attention and the long walking sections really bored me to tears; if I could skip those I'd definetely play it again but now every time I try to get into it I quit once I am forced to sit through a long section of nothing but walky-talky.

View user profile http://forum.stingermagazine.com

6 Re: Furi on Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:34 am

Birdman

I vaguely remember an option to speed up the walking segments, but I could be totally wrong.

View user profile

7 Re: Furi on Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:44 am

U can press a button for auto walk, or fight bosses via practice mode to avoid story all together.

View user profile

8 Re: Furi on Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:54 am

Yeh those walky bits r pretentious they should know better, so it's nice u can just play bosses in practice instead. Don't think u have to beat a boss in story to play in practice, I think it's just their by default. Can't remember if u have to beat furi to get furier.

It's a good game u can see they r not big boys like team ninja n platinum since they don't have the funds/time/skill for that caliber of action. It's limited due to these factors so they did a good job for what it is, I'm glad someone is just making action games still, I'm all for small indie teams making them.

View user profile

9 Re: Furi on Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:58 am

I think u do have to beat it on furi for furier, so maybe stick it out then play via practice mode.

I beat it on both I can't remember if it lets u play furier for practice by default so u will have to check that. Really tho stick to practice mode for raw gameplay, I'm never gonna touch story again.

View user profile

10 Re: Furi on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:03 am

Funny apparently it's too hard that's a complaint I seen, I found it not too hard mostly, it's very simple so their not much to master. I only got stuck on a few boss shmup phases it gives u extra lives so it's fair.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum