You are not connected. Please login or register

Downwell

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Downwell on Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:51 pm

Pretty interesting game, it is 'free' this month with Playstation Plus. It's a roguelike game but very different for me. The game is built from very solid but simple mechanics and goes on further via those mechanics.

Basic premise is that you fall down a well. You can shoot from your gun which is in your foot, and you can only shoot down. The only way to reload is to touch a piece of ground or fall on an enemy that doesn't have spikes on it. You build combos by killing enemies while staying in the air as you fall downwards, touch the ground and your combo resets while giving you a reward in gems based on your combo-counter which can be spent in shops. It's a very simple mechanic but when the game is 'decently' long and one death spells the end of your run, paired with the random nature, it can get pretty intense and fun when you have to make a split-second choice on whether or not you'll touch down or try to keep the combo going.

I've been playing it on and off today in between Evil Within and God of War, and I have to say it is excellent.

Here's Matthewmithosis talking about it:

View user profile http://forum.stingermagazine.com

2 Re: Downwell on Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:15 am

Yeh looks rad.

View user profile

3 Re: Downwell on Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:18 am

Birdman

I bought this a while ago and loved it. Haven't put much time into though.

View user profile

4 Re: Downwell on Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:11 am

It's a fun little game that I play every day for like 5 tot 15 minutes to 'warm up' as you could say. It's nothing special and the combo-system is a bit lame with how the returns work; but still a fun experience. I can imagine it's pretty fun on a phone too, might buy it on my LG (only 3,50) for my flight to Taiwan next week.

View user profile http://forum.stingermagazine.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum