You are not connected. Please login or register

Samurai western

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Samurai western on Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:59 am

Hey bird do u know much about this game mechanically?

I've looked into it over the yrs n never got round to buying it, I've seen a pegi Italian copy available do u know if it has a in game English txt option?

I've seen footage for Italian version it has italian in game txt, not a game changer just an inconvenience. Pegi English version is more pricey about £40. Shit does that mean it's gonna be 50hrtz or is that my tv?

I always liked the dodging n bullet deflects, looks simple n seems to have a lot of area n boss n mob reuse.

View user profile

2 Re: Samurai western on Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:18 am

Birdman

A little bit. I didn't play it too much.

No idea on the versions. I have the JP version. I believe the PAL version has a 60hz option but I can't remember. We first rented it on release so I can't be sure.

As for mechanics, stuff like collision was sloppy. Some cool ideas though. Here's what I remember.

*You could deflect while standing still (extension from blocking I think) but didn't seem to work well for rapid fire).

*Dodging toward enemies while running at them triggered that spin that dodged bullets allowing you to get close. Also seems to suffer from rapid fire but as I remember you could still dodge off to the side and break their line of attack for a sec.

*Bullets could be deflected back at the shooter.

*Different swords had their own unique stance, attacks, abilities and speed. I liked the one-handed sword that let you double jump and run faster.

*You could cancel most things with blocking or dodging.

That's all I can remember without playing it again. I recall an upgrade system where you could allocate points to a stat of your choosing.

View user profile

3 Re: Samurai western on Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:14 am

Yeh the dodging always looked cool, it has some dodgy coop play with the cowboy but the camera only seems to follow the samurai guy.

It does look a bit jank but that's how games can be haha.

I'll pick it up soon.

I respect odd little games like that, it's a spinoff of the way of the samurai games I think. Shame they didn't make another. Other cowboy/samurai mash ups fill the spot well like yakuza ishin n red steel 2 which is really damn good legit sword n gun combos, uses the wii motion plus I bought that just for it, never beat it I'll have to some time. Bit like borderlands visuals but more samurai influence too.

View user profile

4 Re: Samurai western on Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:48 am

Yo so I got in contact with an Italian seller of this game, he said it has English txt option, great since for some reason most copies I see are cheap and Italian.

Also I have to note I love the whole feudal Japan/Wild West mash up, love those 2 time periods, plus the whole samurai iai draw is the counterpart to the cowboy gun draw dual.

View user profile

5 Re: Samurai western on Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:03 pm

I'm thinking of cleaning my PS2, buying a new controller(the others are defunct or just rank) and playing some of the games ive yet to beat. I'll need to get a PS2 component to HDMI adapter of some kind first.

View user profile

6 Re: Samurai western on Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:46 pm

Birdman

Dont you have an old tv? I still have mine lol. Might need to look for a new one though as my power cable has a tear in it.

View user profile

7 Re: Samurai western on Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:56 pm

I had an old tv back in 2012, i recall playing max payne 3(last game i played on it) for the umpteenth time on it, really small too. All flatscreens now(MGS3 HD was the 1st game i played on it) but my dad has tvs that can hook old cables up.

Maybe cuz you're an old fossil gramps. ;p Try and see past the scan-lines with your old eyes!

View user profile

8 Re: Samurai western on Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:34 pm

Birdman

haha I used to sit hunched in front of a small box for years with my PS2. The one I have now is bigger though.

I have an HD tv too but the PS2 looks like shit on it and feels like the timing of my inputs is off slightly.

View user profile

9 Re: Samurai western on Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:43 am

Input delay on HD Tv is real, I think CRTV have less input delay.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum