You are not connected. Please login or register

Samurai western

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Samurai western on Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:59 am

Hey bird do u know much about this game mechanically?

I've looked into it over the yrs n never got round to buying it, I've seen a pegi Italian copy available do u know if it has a in game English txt option?

I've seen footage for Italian version it has italian in game txt, not a game changer just an inconvenience. Pegi English version is more pricey about £40. Shit does that mean it's gonna be 50hrtz or is that my tv?

I always liked the dodging n bullet deflects, looks simple n seems to have a lot of area n boss n mob reuse.

View user profile

2 Re: Samurai western on Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:18 am

Birdman

A little bit. I didn't play it too much.

No idea on the versions. I have the JP version. I believe the PAL version has a 60hz option but I can't remember. We first rented it on release so I can't be sure.

As for mechanics, stuff like collision was sloppy. Some cool ideas though. Here's what I remember.

*You could deflect while standing still (extension from blocking I think) but didn't seem to work well for rapid fire).

*Dodging toward enemies while running at them triggered that spin that dodged bullets allowing you to get close. Also seems to suffer from rapid fire but as I remember you could still dodge off to the side and break their line of attack for a sec.

*Bullets could be deflected back at the shooter.

*Different swords had their own unique stance, attacks, abilities and speed. I liked the one-handed sword that let you double jump and run faster.

*You could cancel most things with blocking or dodging.

That's all I can remember without playing it again. I recall an upgrade system where you could allocate points to a stat of your choosing.

View user profile

3 Re: Samurai western on Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:14 am

Yeh the dodging always looked cool, it has some dodgy coop play with the cowboy but the camera only seems to follow the samurai guy.

It does look a bit jank but that's how games can be haha.

I'll pick it up soon.

I respect odd little games like that, it's a spinoff of the way of the samurai games I think. Shame they didn't make another. Other cowboy/samurai mash ups fill the spot well like yakuza ishin n red steel 2 which is really damn good legit sword n gun combos, uses the wii motion plus I bought that just for it, never beat it I'll have to some time. Bit like borderlands visuals but more samurai influence too.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum