You are not connected. Please login or register

Dororo (Blood Will Tell)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Dororo (Blood Will Tell) on Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:04 am

Birdman

Here's another obscure action game I really like. Here's my playlist of every boss in the game except the final (and also secret) boss, which for the same reason I listed in the Galerians topic, I haven't bothered to record though I also lost my save and don't have the motivation to do it all again because you have to defeat every boss (many of them are optional/hidden) to unlock the true final boss.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXU-ANzr6wNcwjM4IWBv_AjveQKYPGCeA

This is another action game where the dodge moves aren't invincible, though again they offer quick bursts of short range movement. The backward dodge is also an attack as it's a back flip kick. I found some cool uses for this that I'll record someday.

There aren't many moves, but the combat is decent. You have two states, katana or sword arms. You can switch but there is a delay, pretty much the same as switching in DMC1. There's a short animation. You also have a machine gun arm and a cannon leg and these require ammo to use, and a few magic attacks.

I don't see the point in explaining any more than this, so if you have any questions just ask.

View user profile

2 Re: Dororo (Blood Will Tell) on Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:13 pm

Game always looked really weird to me, yet strangely intriguing. I heard something that the game is originally in black and white until you get your eyes back or something like that? Pretty cool. 

The backward dodge is also an attack as it's a back flip kick.
Sounds a bit like the dodge from Metal Gear Rising. Cool, I approve. Does the game have a scoring system? Is it mission based? How is it structured?

View user profile http://forum.stingermagazine.com

3 Re: Dororo (Blood Will Tell) on Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:58 am

Birdman

I heard something that the game is originally in black and white until you get your eyes back or something like that?

Only the first stage.

The story is pretty weird. You play as some kind of cyborg samurai who as a baby, was sacrificed to demons and they each took a body part. Like all of them including internal organs. Yet somehow he didn't die and some inventor made him into a cyborg. Umm...ok.

It's based on a manga but I've never read it so I have no idea how accurate the game is. I don't care. All I know is the demons took your body parts, and you want them back. So let's hunt them down and make them pay.

As you get more body parts back, you gain stats and abilities. Core abilities are given through story demon fights. Like when you get a leg back you can dash, and when you get your other leg back you get an extension to the dash. Stuff like that.

Does the game have a scoring system?

Sadly, no. There's no difficulty modes either, though the game can still be tough at some points if you don't know how it works, mainly with demons (whenever I say demons, think bosses) due to the dodge having i-frames, so you need to be even more careful than usual and really need to learn demon behavior and tells. Even though the movelist is quite small, most of the fun I had was dealing with demons under these conditions and figuring out how to no damage them.

Overall the game is not that hard. You can choose to hunt down optional demons which will make you more powerful, or you could avoid them which would make you a little weaker. Or you could use a weak katana. I'll explain.

About the katana/sword arms switch I mentioned, the katanas in this game are found or dropped by enemies. These have various elemental or other properties like shockwaves or hitting multiple times per single slash. Aside from these attributes, they are all the same. Same moveset.

They have levels though, but you can't raise them. You just find them at a certain level and that's it. Not 100% sure how high they go, but I've seen 50+. So you could just keep the starting katana equipped to boost the difficulty a bit. I plan to try this at some point.

With sword arms, both his hands come off and reveal blades. You get a new set of attacks. They level up and you can't stop them as it's exp based. I thought you had to use them, and this is what I read, but actually they level up while using the katana. They strike faster than the katana and are all round better, but you never have to use them.

Is it mission based?

Chapters. You can select them and return with new abilities to find hidden areas, and what's good is that you don't repeat all the story stuff. The demons you defeated and all the story stuff remains done, so you can just explore freely.

I mention demons (bosses) a lot, but the game has tons of regular enemies as well. Your friends from Nioh are here waiting for you! Umbrellas, kappa, wheel monk, zombie soldiers, and many more.

Sounds a bit like the dodge from Metal Gear Rising.

It's alright but risky, because he flips back and you can be knocked out of it if the enemy attack has reach. I found that it can knock back certain projectiles, but I haven't tested every one yet.

View user profile

4 Re: Dororo (Blood Will Tell) on Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:21 am

Looks cool, never heard of it, looks like a boss rush game.

View user profile

5 Re: Dororo (Blood Will Tell) on Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:52 am

Birdman

It plays like any other action game so when you actually play it it's not like a boss rush. I just recorded the boss fights only. That playlist isn't even the order you have to do them as you can chapter select any time. Not all of them are even available until certain points or until you've acquired certain abilities to access them.

But yeah, there are quite a lot of bosses even so. If you left them all until near the end then yeah it would be looking like a boss rush.

One thing to note, you may notice a larger white spark when attacking. This means you hit their weak point. All it does is more damage though. That jumping spinning attack with the sword arms is so damn good as you can hit weak points multiple times.

Another thing I want to say about my videos, is that I never went after good katanas or tried to level up the sword arms. I could have just grinded on regular enemies and got a really strong katana which would have really put the hurt on these bosses and put them in hit-stun way more but I couldn't be bothered and this was a new save.

View user profile

6 Re: Dororo (Blood Will Tell) on Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:43 pm

All in all sounds really cool. This is going to sound really tired but the fact that it has no difficulty settings is actually pretty nice, just a nice polished game from start to finish - no "play this game 4 times to get the true experience" bullcrap we see more and more.

7 Re: Dororo (Blood Will Tell) on Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:55 pm

I would rather games with modes be unlocked from the start, for those that want hardest modes from start, say if u lost your save or bought it again on another system u can't play the mode u like best.

I don't mind usually since I play Normal then hard but it's nice to just play what mode u want for optimal experience. It might not be the same experience u wanted if u have to play over again.

View user profile

8 Re: Dororo (Blood Will Tell) on Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:01 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas wrote:I would rather games with modes be unlocked from the start, for those that want hardest modes from start, say if u lost your save or bought it again on another system u can't play the mode u like best.

I don't mind usually since I play Normal then hard but it's nice to just play what mode u want for optimal experience. It might not be the same experience u wanted if u have to play over again.

I'm thinking on making an article on this down the line, because both sides hold value. The fact that you earn the right to get to a higher difficulty makes sense and it also allows developers to do things there that 'break the lore' of the title. But I too once lost my savegame of a title and the thought of beating it 4 times again...no thank you. Should be a middle ground somewhere.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum