You are not connected. Please login or register

Just got this game.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

51 Re: Just got this game. on Wed May 09, 2018 10:58 am

Birdman

Yep. Main reason why I've quit and have it listed sale and gone back to superior games like Knack 2.

View user profile

52 Re: Just got this game. on Thu May 10, 2018 3:10 pm

Almost at the end...honestly can't wait for it to be over. The story really doesn't connect with me at all and the gameplay is getting really stale. Fights have now boiled down to "let us throw as much shit in one room".

View user profile http://forum.stingermagazine.com

53 Re: Just got this game. on Sat May 12, 2018 12:00 am

Beat it, doing GMG difficulty now. It's...okay. Devil Trigger isn't a bother, some nerfs are. They nerfed a few things via patches (wonderful), to make it harder. Never going to challenge run this game I think, just too tedious, even if we could one day skip cutscenes. Found an infinite on the first boss but honestly, who cares? People are already selling and forgetting about this game in droves and for good reason.

54 Re: Just got this game. on Sat May 12, 2018 3:05 am

Birdman

I'd still say post any tech you find.

View user profile

55 Re: Just got this game. on Sat May 12, 2018 8:27 am

Welp, it happened. Rage got nerfed (stealthily). The shockwave no longer rings people out as easily, and the Heavy Shockwave move no longer rings heavies out, making Striders tactic for that part moot. I swear to god I'm not making this up.

Some other notes. You can infinite phase 1 Baldur (stranger fight). Just do a [] combo with the fists for 3 hits, and then switch to the axe for two, then back to the fists. Vice versa. For some reason it locks him down. You can actually counter his shockwave unblockable by throwing muh axe (haven't seen anyone do that yet). Phase 2 you can do [][][] and cancel with a forward dash (forced Rage segment) for a sweet infinite. Phase 3 he gets dodge happy, but STSS>throw>fist change SSS worked.

Really annoyed that you have to hold forward so much in cutscene. Was watching some tvshows on my phone at the same time. Constant interruptions. Haven't found a single interesting thing about the first Troll fight. Even Strider is just 'dodge left'.

EDIT: some really good tech in this video:

Last edited by Royta/Raeng on Sat May 12, 2018 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total

56 Re: Just got this game. on Sat May 12, 2018 8:55 am

Birdman

Why would they do that? I don't know about you, but I never found it that easy to ring out in this game. It didn't seem like there were many places to do it, or at least not very convenient ones. I also have never heard of anyone exploiting rage to ringout. It would have to be pretty broken to even be worth nerfing rage. It's like they're trying to make it as little like old GoW as possible lol.

For some reason it locks him down.
It sounds like something similar in Knack 2. I found recently that if you attack enemies continuously, a lot of tougher ones can block and parry you. I discovered something dumb, which is you simply don't hit certain enemies more than twice. It sounds like in GoW you're sort of doing something similar by resetting the AI when you switch weapons. Just an idea.

You can actually counter his shockwave unblockable by throwing muh axe (haven't seen anyone do that yet).
Quality parenting. Even if aren't huge fans if this entry, it's still worth discovering and listing anything that can help us become better parents.

View user profile

57 Re: Just got this game. on Sat May 12, 2018 10:10 am

It sounds like something similar in Knack 2. I found recently that if you attack enemies continuously, a lot of tougher ones can block and parry you. I discovered something dumb, which is you simply don't hit certain enemies more than twice. It sounds like in GoW you're sort of doing something similar by resetting the AI when you switch weapons. Just an idea.

What I've noticed is that enemies have a hit-cap, once you hit them a certain number of times (I believe its number of button inputs, not hits or hit-count) they will auto-dodge away. Valkyrie and even Baldur does this. Yet for some reason Baldur Phase 1 doesn't have this. The final boss has it too against the Sweep, which infinites him (probably a hitstun issue, Sweep has way too much hitstun to it).

It's like they're trying to make it as little like old GoW as possible lol.

Which is weird because, for how much I love old GoW, it never promoted ringouts and punished it (you didn't get orbs from ringed out mooks). Here ringed out foes give XP and even drop their loot on the map out of thin air. I think they want to promote using the 'combo system' but honest: what system?

58 Re: Just got this game. on Thu May 17, 2018 4:02 pm

59 Re: Just got this game. on Thu May 17, 2018 8:54 pm

Birdman

There's a lot of dumb stuff like this. In quite a few places enemies have zones they won't leave. I've even been able to get back into the boat and they just act like I dont exist. I can then get out and get free shots. Pretty stupid that they nerf attack options but not obvious stuff like this.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum