You are not connected. Please login or register

Your 2017 GOTY?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Your 2017 GOTY? on Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:32 pm

Birdman

Doesn't have to be just one. Not a whole lot to choose from for me.

Definitely Gravity Rush 2 for me. Super unique traversal mechanics and combat. Nothing else like it.

2nd would be The Evil Within 2, then maybe Horizon Zero Dawn which is more just a decent game I played.

I want to add Nioh and Nier but the grindy RPG nature of them prevented me from playing. Nier has less and I might consider it later when it goes down in price.

I'd definitely give them GOTY for game mechanics though.

View user profile

2 Re: Your 2017 GOTY? on Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:17 am

I don't rate games by year, but games I enjoyed that came out this year would be Yakuza Zero, Super Hot and Nioh. I few others I can't think of right now, I would say Automata but it's broken on a fundamental level due to the level issue.

View user profile

3 Re: Your 2017 GOTY? on Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:50 am

Birdman

Yeah just whatever you thought was good this year will do.

View user profile

4 Re: Your 2017 GOTY? on Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:10 am

Really hard for me to judge, since I generally play games a few years after release these days. That said, this is a tough year. I loved Nioh and poured hours and hours into it, and The Evil Within 2 is still churning in my PS4. But I really have to give it to Yakuza Zero. I can't remember any game that brought such joy to my face as that game this year. If that one doesn't count, since it's technically an old PS3 JPN only title, it would probably be The Evil Within 2 yeah.

View user profile http://forum.stingermagazine.com

5 Re: Your 2017 GOTY? on Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:24 am

Birdman

If it came out this year, remaster or otherwise, it's fine.

I'll add Matterfall and The Sexy Brutale to my list, though I haven't played much of either. I KNOW I love them though.

Matterfall will keep me going with high scores for a while and mastering the controls perfectly will take some time, if I can ever get to it.

View user profile

6 Re: Your 2017 GOTY? on Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:47 am

I'd say Gravity Rush 2 even though I've not played it yet, its on sale right now so I'm gonna pick it up with GoW3. 2 for £25.

View user profile

7 Re: Your 2017 GOTY? on Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:44 am

AKheon

D-Rank
I'm pretty bad at picking up new games. I've only played maybe 5 games from 2017... In terms of gameplay hours, Yakuza 0 or Horizon: Zero Dawn wins. In terms of cleverness, The Sexy Brutale wins.

View user profile

8 Re: Your 2017 GOTY? on Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:02 am

I'd say Knack 2 even if I haven't touched it yet.

View user profile

9 Re: Your 2017 GOTY? on Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:12 am

Birdman

Oh yeah, Knack 2 and RE7. Thoroughly enjoyed both. I'll be going back to Knack eventually and I plan to get the RE7 gold edition.

View user profile

10 Re: Your 2017 GOTY? on Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:34 am

Re7 dlc is out soon. I'll like that far more than the main game, main game doesn't have much replay value to me anymore(not past the last jack boss anyhow).

View user profile

11 Re: Your 2017 GOTY? on Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:05 am

@Birdman wrote:Oh yeah, Knack 2 and RE7. Thoroughly enjoyed both. I'll be going back to Knack eventually and I plan to get the RE7 gold edition.

I'm generally in the same boat, the best game I played this year was one I revisited. Most of the modern games don't really interest me, and Nintendo has gone a bit too 'open world' happy for my taste.

12 Re: Your 2017 GOTY? on Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:49 pm

Birdman

Ive yet to play Frozen Wilds. I enjoyed HZD but fpund little reason to replay it. DLC sounds interesting. One of the new enemies is some kind tower thing that powers up nearby enemies, similar to a corrupted zone. But you can destroy these and cancel the effects. The power up they get is beyond what a corrupted zone offers. Sadly it seems all the enemies are still the same other than being stronger. Would be cool if the tower changed something about them.

That was the only thing of interest and due to how easy the game was on the hardest mode, I'd probably leave these towers active.

The fact that theyve already nerfed an encounter due to whiners makes me hesitant to buy the complete edition. Who knows if they'll do it again?

View user profile

13 Re: Your 2017 GOTY? on Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:13 pm

Horizon is that one game I'd like to play, but probably won't. Too much of a time investment for a title I know I probably will thing 'meh' about. Combat looks nice, but just a bit too...mainstream? Does that make me snobbish? It does doesn't it? Haha!

14 Re: Your 2017 GOTY? on Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:04 am

Birdman

It's definitely worth the playthrough and I enjoyed it just not much incentive other than a no upgrade run. I might go back and do that at some point. Maybe after a price drop.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum