You are not connected. Please login or register

Assassin's Creed series

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Assassin's Creed series on Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:14 am

Birdman

Overall I dislike the series for the usual open world, collectathon reasons, but I did enjoy some of the earlier games. Overall the series has tons of cool mechanics spread out but I never really enjoyed the combat, outside of a few elements.

How is Origins if any of you have played it? Im probably not going to really look into it unless one of you guys recommends it. I did hear its more combat focused this time.

View user profile

2 Re: Assassin's Creed series on Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:49 am

I've only played 2 and Brotherhood years ago but I've not concerned myself with them since. Can't offer much here sorry.

View user profile

3 Re: Assassin's Creed series on Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:22 am

Birdman

Went ahead an looked into it a bit. While the combat looks like a decent upgrade, it's pretty much the same old tired rouge/brawler/stealth skill tree system with not a single unique aspect to its name.

Oh and the microtransactions. To hell with those and Assassin's Creed: Unoriginal.

This topic needs to be deleted lol.

View user profile

4 Re: Assassin's Creed series on Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:45 am

Go ahead, maybe wait for Roy or Erica to chip in.

View user profile

5 Re: Assassin's Creed series on Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:48 am

Brotherhood is a game I loved to hell and back when I was in my teens. I got AC2 for my birthday once and was hooked, I loved the story, music, setting and the animations of the combat. Brotherhood took all this and put it to 11. It really is one of the better games out there.

It also has aged about as well as shit put into a vacume sealed jar for 20 years. Playing it now isn't all that satisfying haha... it is really wooden in terms of mechanics and animations and the controls are abysmall. Having a stealth game without a dedicated crouch button is even worse haha.

ACII did have some fun combat though. It was especially fun when unarmed as you could throw sand in people's eyes to distract them, disarm them and use their own weapons against them. I remember toying around with an unarmed run (just running around the city doing combat) and having a ton of fun.

Series really went downhill though with a worse story, milked franchise and little evolution in mechanics. I'm pretty sure if I buy Origins, the newest one, I'd get the exact same thing I got nearly 10 years ago.

View user profile http://forum.stingermagazine.com

6 Re: Assassin's Creed series on Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:18 am

Is AC2 the dark souls of grand turismo?

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum