You are not connected. Please login or register

Chaos Legion

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Chaos Legion on Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:45 am

Birdman

Since I set up my PS2 to play Transformers, I felt an urge to play other PS2 classics as well.

Decided to pop in CL and do a no upgrade run in the Japanese version as this is something I want to record once I get the equipment. The JP version is much easier than the English ones, but I will be doing the PAL version as well. PAL and US versions are identical.

As for the game, I'll describe it basically because I have way too much info on it.

It's an action game where you can summon legions, which are weird phantoms or various types. Legion and enemy types are divided into the categories of metal an organic. Some attacks are more effective than others. For example Guilt (sword) is only effective on organic types, and can't to much to metal.

You can take two legions into a stage, but can only summon one type at a time, so the best idea is to take one that deals with organic and one for metal. Sieg (player character) uses a sword so his attacks are initially weak against metal, however, once you know the mechanics and get good enough you can still take down metal with Sieg due to things like counter hits.

Each stage is super bland, but I love the color scheme. Stages are pretty much room after room of enemies that must be defeated. Often there is a target monster, that once killed, will result in all enemies vanishing.

There is not a huge amount of enemy types, with most being powered up versions of others with new attacks, but this was never an issue to me.

There is an upgrade system. Killing enemies gives exp which is used to power up legions. Sieg doesn't power up with exp. Instead you find stat pickups for him. Nothing too extensive. If you're playing the English versions though, they boosted the amount of exp required by millions, though even then it's not too bad if you know what you're doing.

There is a ranking system. By getting AA+ in each category, you'll get an overall rank of AAA+.

Not going to go in-depth on the combat as it would take hours. I'll answer specific questions though.

View user profile

2 Re: Chaos Legion on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:58 am

Difficulty? Bosses?

View user profile

3 Re: Chaos Legion on Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:01 pm

Birdman

Easy, normal, hard, and super hard. There is no NG+.

Super is just OHK on everything including yourself.

Starting a new game on hard can be well, quite hard IF you're playing the English versions. Gets easier the more you power up but you also need to know what you're doing.

What are you asking about bosses?

View user profile

4 Re: Chaos Legion on Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:23 am

How many bosses? their general game design?

View user profile

5 Re: Chaos Legion on Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:59 am

Birdman

Not many actually. Some are repeats but with some huge differences.

They still go buy the metal/organic categories and have phases depending on how much hp they have left. Most of the time they have regular enemies, or a phase where they appear.

View user profile

6 Re: Chaos Legion on Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:06 pm

Movelist? Does it have Dial and pause combos? So what do the legions do, like combo assists and give extra powers?

View user profile

7 Re: Chaos Legion on Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:45 pm

Birdman

The main character has a very small movelist though all of it is useful. He has a sword string which starts at 4 strikes but can be upgraded to 6. He has two types of jump attack and a handful of special moves. At most you're looking at about the same amount, more or less, as DMC1 Dante, but then you get legion assist attacks which function as special moves.

I'll describe it more later. Have to drive to work now.

With legions, you can summon them to fight alongside you. When summoned you movement becomes limited and you can only walk. You can still perform all other actions like dodging, attacking, and jumping. Your attack power will go down as well though defense increases.

If you leave legions to act alone, they will attack whatever is closest. Pressing triangle will trigger their 'Force Attack'.

Force attack basically is their special move. Each legion does something different. For example the sword legions do a high speed flurry of stabs, while the bow legion will fire as rapidly as you can press the button and if held you will enter sniper mode. This brings up a targeting reticule that you can manually aim. They do more damage in this mode as well.

You can take two legion types into a stage but can only summon one unit at a time. I'll update later.

View user profile

8 Re: Chaos Legion on Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:45 am

Birdman

Assists are when a legion and Sieg attack at the same time. Basically a type of special move. They consume one bar of soul. You can link them into the sword combo at any point before the end.

They have decent i-frames as they start up, and each legion's assist is different. For example, with Malice, Sieg will swing his sword upward and launch small enemies, then some Malices appear and shoot the enemy in the air.

With Hatred, it will appear in front of Sieg and catch an enemy attack then perform a unique counter. Not every attack or enemy can be grabbed.

Arrogance puts up a shield that halves damage and prevents knockdown.

The legions themselves can't be damaged in assists. Like I said, they are special moves and don't count as an actual summon.

You can learn special moves for Sieg by leveling up legions. The system is kinda odd. As long as the legion is equipped, you can use those moves but if you remove it you lose access. You can keep moves by maxing out that legion stat, called Enchant. Once you do that you'll eventually have access to everything without needing to equip whatever legion.

Any other specific questions? I'll start rambling otherwise. I haven't posted any of my old videos because they were just messing around at full power.

View user profile

9 Re: Chaos Legion on Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:23 am

Could you explain each legion?

View user profile

10 Re: Chaos Legion on Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:03 pm

Birdman

Guilt - Sword. Fast attack. Strong against organic.

Malice - Bow. Ranged attack and sniping. Strong against metal.

Blasphemy - Bomb. This one's summon works a little differently from other. When they attack they explode, which actually takes from their soul meter (soul being their life bar).

Arrogance - Shield. Like Blasphemy, this one does something different. When attacked, they start to glow and store energy from the attack. When you press triangle for their force attack, they will each fire a powerful laser beam. Hurts any type.

Flawed - Claw. These guys are like little ninja goblins. For their force attack they jump into the air above the enemy and drill downwards with their claws. I think they hurt all types but it's been so long since I used them.

Hatred - Brawler. These guys punch and kick. They act like a slower version of Guilt but stronger. Strong against organic.

Thanatos - Ultimate. You have to find all the pieces to use this one and it has 3 forms gained by upgrading. Hurts anything.

These are just basic explanations not going in-depth into their force attacks.

I forgot to talk about battle and passive modes. These change how a legion behaves.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum