You are not connected. Please login or register

Resident Evil 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Resident Evil 4 on Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:13 am

Legendary Survival horror third-person shooter released in 2005. We all know the one.

I've started my 1st pistol only run, doing it on pro difficulty. Using costume 1(haven't worn it before), punisher, grenades, upgrades allowed, knife/melee allowed and for variety I'm going to get the mine thrower as I've never used it before. I've stopped before the big cheese boss, did both paths as usual, pretty fun so far, I've played this enough times so it's no issue.

The punisher's penetration is super useful, It makes up for its weak damage with its utility. It's why I'm using it for this run, it'll make a mockery of the shield guys.

View user profile

2 Re: Resident Evil 4 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:21 am

Beat big cheese no problem, he's super weak incendiary grenades and the knife for phase 1 owns him. Water room gave me some trouble but not much more than usual.

Oh I got the mine thrower it's super neat gun, looks like a scifi arm cannon or something, does massive damage and sticks to things, this weapons got setup potential, it fires a dart that stuns foes, even the novistadores who get killed with 2 shots, was perfect for dealing with them during the sewers. I stopped after that sewer section.

View user profile

3 Re: Resident Evil 4 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:26 am

Birdman

How's ammo for it though? Does more drop when you have it equipped?

View user profile

4 Re: Resident Evil 4 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:47 am

Ammo only seems to drop when you have it, I've not once seen ammo drop for it before as I've never used it. Ammo drops seem decent, I've got about 15 shots, it stacks up to 5 and ammo takes the same space as any other. You can only buy from the castle chapter onward, I got it as soon as i got past the last village section with the truck.

Also it's darts are projectile unlike the other guns which are hitscan so you have to take the shots delay to its destination into account. I haven't used it on bosses so I wonder if the dart stuns them, the detonation seems to be the same as a frag nades in terms of damage and blast radius.

View user profile

5 Re: Resident Evil 4 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:02 am

Birdman

Sounds like a nice idea for a challenge run. Mine thrower only.

View user profile

6 Re: Resident Evil 4 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:32 am

Haha, I might just do that, it's very situational, but the fact that its darts stick to whatever they hit, stuns a hit foe which can let you melee prompt them and explodes makes it super useful with proper set up. To think that you can stack up to 5 rounds and 10 magazine capacity max with each shot doing as much damage or more than a frag nade with upgrades is nuts, plus increased explosion radius upgrade too.

I've also used it a tiny bit to see its fully upgraded form before I starter this run, it gains homing mines for it's exclusive upgrade, it flies after the nearest foe(even around corners) really funny seeing it chase crows in the opening.

Look at this stylish shit, mine throwers got Knacktics(tm).

EDIT: oh yeh, you can buy a scope too, super useful for pinpoint shots.

View user profile

7 Re: Resident Evil 4 on Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:27 am

Stopped before verdugo boss, gonna reck his shit with the mine thrower, definitely the hardest boss in the whole game, none of the others give me trouble. Without the cryo tanks to stun him and the rocket launcher or knife exploits his defences are impregnable, he's so fast, hard hitting and is fought in such a claustrophobic area it's hard to get away from him. I've yet to beat him legit, as in with just knife, pistol, magnum and shotgun, I'll have to do it on NG+ with upgraded weapons.

View user profile

8 Re: Resident Evil 4 on Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:53 am

The Right Hand is a pretty fun boss to fight head on, though I generally just buy an RPG for him. He is fun to knife though and there are a lot of exploits like the door-exploit to use. All around good stuff!

View user profile http://forum.stingermagazine.com

9 Re: Resident Evil 4 on Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:35 am

I love how the game gives you the option of insta killing or just running away from the boss, they knew he was a bitch so I appreciate the options.

Reminds me of The End(not the final boss that just hid codename) boss in mgs3, since you can kill that boss way before the actual fight or another way via setting your systems internal clock a week forward during the boss. I'll have to make a topic on mgs3, it's the one I WILL convince you to play sir Wink.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum