You are not connected. Please login or register

Monster Hunter World

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Monster Hunter World on Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:41 am

Birdman

Did you guys ever get into the MH series? I didn't. Pplayed the demo on PS2 and that was it. I also found a lot of the games required saves or something from other games to unlock content which is something I hate,

This new one looks really awesome, but damn, the community is extremely toxic.

View user profile

2 Re: Monster Hunter World on Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:06 am

I had the first one on ps2 I think, had no clue what i was doing, got to some area with dinosaurs, couldn't figure out the combat(right stick swings swords?) and died. Or at least I think it was monster hunter, funny this series eclipsed me and it's still going.

View user profile

3 Re: Monster Hunter World on Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:42 am

Whys this in the other games section? Isn't this series the older brother of Dragons Dogma? Both Action RPGs. Is it because of the weird monster hunting tech?

View user profile

4 Re: Monster Hunter World on Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:34 am

Birdman

I wasn't really sure because I've never played the series.

View user profile

5 Re: Monster Hunter World on Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:46 am

I think it's safe to say it's firmly action after watching the posted stream, its really the closest thing to Dragons Dogma 2 around.

It's got some legit tech man, like crazy shit with crazy hybrid weapons with weird move sets and combo strings.

View user profile

6 Re: Monster Hunter World on Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:48 am

Birdman

I don't think I can be bothered. Heard it was quite a grind. Might rent it when it's out though and see. I'm interested to see how the bow combat is.

View user profile

7 Re: Monster Hunter World on Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:33 am

It's similar to Dragons Dogma, you got charge shots of all kinds and can do a aerial barrage/acid rain shot type also. Theirs also actual bowguns too, straight up guns with shell casings. There's a character for everyone in this, I'm pretty stocked to see this unfold, but I'll have to be weary of the grind.

View user profile

8 Re: Monster Hunter World on Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:04 am

@Birdman wrote:I don't think I can be bothered. Heard it was quite a grind. Might rent it when it's out though and see. I'm interested to see how the bow combat is.

Monster Hunter was very popular in the East because it was a huge grind-fest, and still played like a PS2 game in a lot of aspects. World is apparently focusing on the West, so probably a lot more streamlined. 

I am moving this to "Other Action Games" though.

View user profile http://forum.stingermagazine.com

9 Re: Monster Hunter World on Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:15 am

Mechanics look great and super varied, each class is totally unique and really well though out. I'm really interested in this but I might get tired of fighting big monsters, well there are jobber dinos too. Grinding remains to be seen, I'm not concerned about that yet.

View user profile

10 Re: Monster Hunter World on Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:38 pm

Birdman

There's a demo out for PS+ only members. Might look into it this weekend.

Edit: the beta is over. Wtf?

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum