You are not connected. Please login or register

Got Mighty No.9 for $9 new.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Got Mighty No.9 for $9 new. on Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:12 pm

Birdman

What do you guys think of this game outside of the controversy? I never followed it and have just been watching a few breakdowns of what happened. I get how this game could be hated on that basis, but how about for those that had no part of the Kickstarter disaster? I've only played the intro stage and part of one of the selectable stages after that, but it seems ok. The dashing mechanic is kinda fun.

View user profile

2 Re: Got Mighty No.9 for $9 new. on Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:09 am

I haven't played but I've seen enough to know it's super mediocre, which is really bad for all the funds and hype it received. I'm not interested in megeman, I've played plenty emulated as a kid and they've made so many I can't say I crave more as it's already there. That and it looks like a budget dream cast title haha.

View user profile

3 Re: Got Mighty No.9 for $9 new. on Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:34 am

Birdman

I think the last Megaman game I played was Megaman 7 on the SNES. I like it but never really got into the series or sidescrollers in general, though I have been getting into them a little more these days.

Anyway this game is actually ok and like I said I have no connection to the bullshit surrounding its creation. For now it's just that, 'ok'. Might get better or worse for me, but I don't know when I'll get to actually playing it properly.

View user profile

4 Re: Got Mighty No.9 for $9 new. on Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:48 am

Birdman

This video makes some good points, but also a lot of whiny shit. I doubt you guys want to sit through this.

Overall, I wonder if it was really a case of the devs not knowing what they wanted to do, or just that that type of gameplay, the whole figuring things out for yourself thing, just doesn't work these days. Most games never stray too far from the tutorial stage these days, with either text popups or the character constantly dropping hints if not outright telling you exactly what to do every 10 seconds. Then there's the 'spidey sense' mechanics at the tap of a button. Even Knack 2 had that, showing outlines onscreen for where a box could be pushed so you could jump to a higher place.

View user profile

5 Re: Got Mighty No.9 for $9 new. on Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:34 pm

If you can, Megaman 9 is absolutely amazing (10 is horrible imo). Really a great game that brings back that oldsk00l love. 

I never dove into Mighty No.9 but I feel that a lot of people were disappointed after it having such a huge kickstarter with such a large budget, and all they got was a 'so-so' game with framerate issues and the like. The game at launch had a ton of issues from what I recall. I never played it myself though.

View user profile http://forum.stingermagazine.com

6 Re: Got Mighty No.9 for $9 new. on Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:01 pm

Birdman

I think they only good point he makes in this video (that I can remember) regarding the design, is that you attack with ranged weapons, yet you have to be close to dash into weakened enemies.

Quick explanation. You shoot enemies and they will change color and be considered 'weakened'. Some are stunned but I've encountered some that can still fire back though. Once in this state, you use the dash right into them and they get absorbed or something, and you can rack up combos like this.

So yeah it does seem a strange design, because it encourages you to stay close yet your weapons are ranged.

View user profile

7 Re: Got Mighty No.9 for $9 new. on Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:40 pm

Check the vid I posted above, they explain how no.9 it's lacking compared to megeman and shovel knight, just the things the later 2 do so well.

View user profile

8 Re: Got Mighty No.9 for $9 new. on Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:30 pm

Birdman

I've seen that video.

I don't believe that just because there might be superior games, we should disregard the inferior ones though.

Mighty No.9 is definitely worse than the MM games I've played though.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum